Getting what you want.
Getting what you want is not just a matter of waiting, dreaming or hoping that fate will deliver, because there’s an art to getting what you want, that is why some people get what they want and some people do without, as the old saying goes;
‘Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, and some people have no idea what’s already happened’.
and with this in mind this article is all about helping you make the difference when faced with possible opportunity and to enable you with ‘7 Essential Rules to Get What you Want’,
You may be saying to yourself that it’s not that simple, well I would agree you’re almost certainly right, successfully getting what you want relies on multiple factors, but what this article does is give you a set of simple rules to help tip the balance of fate in your favour.
7 Essential Rules for getting what you want.
1. Be proactive and make opportunity because twiddling your thumbs and waiting for things to come your way, relies on chance or perhaps divine influence, and by making a conscious effort to be proactive you will drive opportunity in your direction.
‘Dreams only come true when you wake up’.
2. Ask for it! If you don’t ask you don’t get, nobody can read your mind and seldom do people go out of their way to help you in life. To get what yo want you need to tell people what you want, you only get in life what you have the courage to ask for.
If you don’t ask the answer is almost always no.
3. Focus on what you want, (FOWYW) open your eyes, keep what you want in mind and make it your mission, be alert and turn on your mental radar. Focus gives you the ability to channel all your efforts in the right direction and take the chances that come your way.
If you chase 2 rabbits both will escape.
4. Take the first step, it really doesn’t matter if you don’t know where it will lead or whether the end is in sight, sometimes only by taking the first step will you improve your situation or realise what the next step is.
Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. – Martin Luther King.
5. Act like you already have it, prepare yourself, ready yourself, and then you will be ready when opportunity knocks, those around you will also be more likely to believe in you and maybe this will start to rub off and you will believe in yourself.
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain
6. Get a positive attitude, being positive in you goals, stops you dwelling on the negatives and becoming negative, instead being positive and dwelling on the positives makes you become positive, a positive attitude helps you strive towards what you want rather than running blindly away from what you don’t want.
A positive anything is better than a negative nothing.
7. Make it perfect by doing it, there’s never a right time to start, nothing is ever perfect, waiting for perfection means you could be waiting for ever, so get started and make things better by doing rather than waiting.
Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.
Getting what you want may not be as simple as asking for it or just taking action, sometimes a bit of hard work is needed along the way, the main thing is that ‘you’ have to realise that ‘you’ have to make it happen and when ‘you’ do this and when ‘you’ apply these 7 rules perhaps getting what you want will be a heck of a lot easier than you think.